- Georgia has competition among its electric providers which provides for very affordable rates. Paulding County has four electric providers: Carroll EMC, Cobb EMC, Georgia Power and GreyStone Power.
- Georgia Power, a division of the Southern Company, is an investor-owned, tax-paying utility that serves 2.25 million customers throughout Georgia. Georgia Power is the largest of four electric utilities that make up the Southern Company and has been providing electricity to Georgia for more than a century at rates well below the national average.
- GreyStone Power, Carroll EMC and Cobb EMC and are member-owned electric cooperatives dedicated to providing its members with the best electric service at the lowest possible rates. The electric cooperatives are locally owned and operated, which allows members/consumers to receive responsive and focused service seven days a week. These firms have made sizable investments in their distribution system, equipped with automated transfer switches and redundant paths to homes and places of business to assure our high reliability.
|WATER and SEWER |
- Depending on the location, water and sewer needs in Paulding are provided either by the Paulding County Water and Sewer Department or the City of Dallas. Most of Paulding’s industrial sites are served by both water and sewer and work is underway to extend sewer to those sites not currently served.
- Paulding County has 10,000,000 gallons a day (10 MGD) of water and 3,500,000 gallons a day (3.5 MGD) of sewer available for industrial and commercial users.
- Paulding’s water and sewer availability allows for a variety of industries that are water and sewer intensive to thrive and grow. Food production and data centers will find this availability particularly attractive.
|NATURAL GAS |
Natural gas service is provided to most industrial locations in Paulding and can easily be extended to those which currently do not have it. The largest gas providers in the county are Atlanta Gas Light and Gas South.
- Paulding County will soon have one of the largest broadband networks in the nation with the Appalachian Valley Fiber Network project which will be completed in the Spring 2012. This federally funded project will extend broadband service to Paulding’s corporate, medical and industrial areas allowing the county’s business community to have access to the latest fiber services and technology.
- Fiber providers in Paulding County include AT&T, Comcast, GreyStone Power and Parker Fiber Systems.