Paulding's low property taxes, affordable cost of living, excellent schools, recreational opportunities and proximity to Metro Atlanta has made us one of the most desirable and fastest growing communities in Georgia. Some facts about Paulding's population explosion:
- From 2000-2010, Paulding’s population grew from 81,678 residents to 142,323 which accounted for a growth rate of 74.3%.
- Over the last decade Paulding was the 2nd fastest growing county in both Metro Atlanta and Georgia, as well as the 8th fasted growing in the U.S.
- Among Georgia’s 159 counties, Paulding is the 14th largest.
- The Atlanta Regional Commission projects Paulding’s population will reach 250,000 by 2040.
Paulding County has one of the largest and most educated workforces in Georgia. By being a certified Georgia Work Ready community, Paulding’s workforce demonstrates it has the skill sets and knowledge necessary to successfully support a variety of industries.
- Paulding County has a labor force of 67,316 and is part of a labor market of 635,066 (Paulding, Bartow, Carroll, Cobb, Douglas, Haralson and Polk Counties).
- Within its labor market Paulding County has the 2nd highest percentage of high school graduates and 3rd highest percentage of college graduates.
- As previously noted Paulding is a Certified Work Ready Community. The test used for certification measures the reading comprehension, math skills and problem solving abilities of test takers using workplace situations.
- Paulding County has one of Georgia’s highest percentages of residents that commute outside the county for work. Approximately 76% of employed residents leave the county for jobs throughout the Atlanta region. These individuals, many of them employed in manufacturing and production, represent a potential supply of labor to new and expanding businesses in Paulding County.
Paulding’s labor market is represented by employment in a number of key sectors specifically transportation equipment, much of which is in the aerospace industry, food processing, plastics, metal fabrication, equipment/machinery and healthcare.
Paulding County Labor Market Industry Employment (2009)
|Industry || |
|Manufacturing || |
Plastics / Rubber Products
Fabricated Metal Products
|Healthcare / Social || |
|Professional / Science / Technical || |
|Finance and Insurance || |
|Transportation & Warehousing || |
|Information || |
Top Ten Employers: Paulding County
|Company ||Employment ||Type |
|Wellstar Paulding Hospital ||500 ||Medical |
|Metromont Corporation ||152 ||Concrete |
|MG International ||100 ||Plastics |
|Cadillac Products Inc. ||65 ||Commercial Printing |
|WellStar East Paulding Primary Care ||45 ||Medical |
|Aerospace Fabrications of Georgia Inc. ||40 ||Aerospace |
|B&B Precast & Pipe Inc. ||40 ||Concrete |
|Dallas Millwork Inc. ||40 ||Millwork |
|Nationwide Envelope Company ||35 ||Envelopes / Printing |
|Talley, Richardson & Cable ||32 ||Legal Services |